Thread: Timturf and Ric
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Why not? I make it a point to live within my means, but also LIVE. I know too many people whose entire life is focused on what they cannot afford, therefore living a very miserable and deprived life of their own making. A little bit of entrepreneurial spirit would free them. I do not do what I am doing to get rich, it is more about personal fulfillment that cannot be had working 7-3 MF for someone else.
The point is to live BELOW your means, but also live. I am going to make a very arrogant statement. I am not the average Yard Boy and my posts here on LS show I have an education and know my $hit. Knowledge is Power.

I went out of business after Hurricane Charlie wiped out my nursery. Then a few years ago I started a new Pest control only business. It takes a few years to build a business to a comfort point and I struggled big time in a bad economy. But things are improving and the big indicator of a good economy in my area is the number of PORT A POTTY around town. Every construction site has to have a Port A Potty from the breaking of ground on, so when the Port A Potty business is good the rest of the economy is getting better. Business has been slow but the last year has been super.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03629 seconds with 7 queries