View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Please help, I'm lost...

I made a free website the other month, but after reading and reading and reading here, seems like that was a waste of time. I'm ready to do a legit page. The problem is, I have no idea where to start. I'm a small, solo outfit, just started up this past season. I had about 12 customers for the summer. I do this part time btw but want to grow this in to something I can rapidly expand should I lose my day job. As of now, I'd like to gain about 15 customers for next year but it's like pulling teeth in my area. The people I do service, say how hard it is to find somebody to mow however. So I think most of my problem is "geting found"

So, here's what I want in a website:
- Simple and clean looking
- Easy to navigate
- different pages for contact me, services, locations serviced, about us, etc
- Easy to build, edit and maintain
- AFFORDABLE!!!!!! ie: like $10/month total
- lots of traffic so I can get my name out there.

I know, I'm asking a lot but I have no idea where to start. I'd like to just do a templated page and have the domain and hosting all in one location with the ability to build it myself. So where's the best place to go for this type of thing that's not insanely expensive?

Also, any tips on building that will help get my site found on Google, Yahoo, etc? I really have no idea how websites even work, let alone how to buy and build one. So assume I know NOTHING when you answer

thanks in advance

Page generated in 0.03483 seconds with 7 queries