View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries View Post
Some claim I'm biased but I don't see it.

It all depends on what you're most interested in. The Lesco unit is a Parker with green paint and is low cost but you get what you pay for. It's made by Ariens/Gravely who bought out Parker about 4 years ago. You can find the same unit under Parker and Gravely but with different paints.

The Billy Goat is made by Billy Goat (+/-100 employees, Lee's Summit, MO.), has 3/8" armor plate impeller with serrated edges as well as the sharpened Piranha blade in the center of the hub. We're the only ones with dual shredding technology that has the highest debris reduction in the industry. All of our DL's have replaceable liners as well as multiple accessories so you can build the unit to fit your needs but not pay for features you don't use or need for your application.

Review the units closely and ask for a demo if you're still not convinced of which unit to buy. A demo shuts up loud mouths like me and lets the products speak for themselves.

Here's a fun video we made a month ago for a 35hp DL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdFMwDTE2g
I am in a good position to give advice on this issue. I own 3 Billy Goat and 3 Lesco loaders. Love both. the last three I purchased were the Lescos. Reason is the Billy Goat chute to the truck. The elbow wears thin and cracks.

The lesco elbow lasts much longer and because it is a square chute, it's easy to repair. The Billy Goat, being a round chute, can't be easily repaired. You have to buy a new elbow, which isn't cheap. If it wasn't for that issue I would still have continued to purchase Billy Goats.

Page generated in 0.03341 seconds with 7 queries