View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I run a newspaper ad in the spring for 6 to 8 weeks for cleanups, mowing and mulching and then usually one in the fall for leaf cleanups and plowing. I didn't run the fall one this year. A lot of my work comes from referrals from customers and neighbors passing by. I'm not really trying to grow my business or I would advertise more. I had pretty good luck selling firewood on CL but that's all I've used it for...for the business anyway.

P.S. - I used to run a Yellow Pages ad but cancelled that last year due to cost and lack of response from it.
Ditto. Most of my work comes from people driving by and referals. I only accept business in a very limited geographical area. Many forms of advertising would of be of no use to me. The growth is slow, but all of my work is clustered in a few developments with minimal drive time. Although if I want to expand into a certain neighborhood, I will mail out post cards just to that neighborhood. When I do pick up a new client in a different development that I do not currently service, I make the yard look perfect each and every time. I also talk to neighbors and let them know I am there in case they need my services. Neighbors see my work and how consistent I am, which will lead to more business. I will advertise on CL for brushmowing, not so much for mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04023 seconds with 7 queries