View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post

I was hoping we would have more news about these exchanges.
We are about 30 days from a major fiscal disaster, and we don't know the 2013 tax rates, deductions, and ( ..... add the numerous other things). We should not be surprised that we don't know about the exchanges yet, about 13 months away.

Yes, my first statement a bit sarcastic, but my point is that these last-minute, knee-jerk positions is one of the major reasons for the sluggish economy. Please, do not turn into a political thread here - blame is enough to spread very deep on many parties.

Those in positions to make significant decisions just keep us dangling on the end of a rope with not much that is certain. Two years ago, the tax rates for the next year were not known until the very last days of December. The exchanges is another example. All these last-minute decisions mean that nobody in business can plan anything. Future to those making the decisions is the next day, not the next month, let alone the next year. Somehow they believe that those impacted can "turn on a dime."

Realistically, I expect the provisions of the exchanges will not be known until the last day before implementation. The exchanges will be another last-minute, knee-jerk reaction decision.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 7 queries