View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Best way to use a dual tank sprayer?

I've built a skid sprayer within the last month or so and am wondering what is the best way to make use of the dual tank setup. I used 2 pieces of C-channel for the bottom and angle iron for the hose reel stand. I welded everything together and mounted the reel. Still waiting on the 50 gallon tanks and band straps to ship from Plasticmart. The reel is a 12 volt Hanney with 1/2 hose that I bought used off of Craigslist. The metal for the skid came from a fab shop that my gf works at. I've posted several times trying to decide which pump/engine to go with. I finally decided on a 2.5hp Predator from Harbor Freight ($100) and a 4-roller Hypro pump coupled direct with a solid 1 piece coupler. This will be my pre and post emergent setup.
What I plan to do with the other 50 gallon tank that will be on the skid is add a 5.5hp Carroll Stream engine ($150) and a Maruyama piston pump ($500) with a seperate hose reel. This will be my insecticide setup. I use granular for fertilizer applications. Any input? I was just curious what you guys use in your dual tank setups?
Attached Images

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2013 F-150
2013 Hawkline 7x16 Enclosed Trailer
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds
Custom Built Sprayer

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=417009

Page generated in 0.04103 seconds with 8 queries