View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.klas View Post
I am wondering if I should buy a Wright Stander or a Ferris Comfort control DD walkbehind (with velke/sulky)... both of them are good grass cutters but for the sake of leaf clean up.. I dont know how well the bagging attachments work for that..

Can anybody please tell me in detail their experiences with the side bagging attachments?

I dont have enough money to buy those vacuum systems you attach to a truck and have it suck up leaf piles... Id rather buy a machine that I can use from april- late november that can do it all.. I want to stay away from Walker.. They are excellent finishing mowers and the GHS is great but they require lots of maintenance and are pretty expensive..

Any help would be appreciated!

Dan
I would stay away from Protero. There product looks great but I've heard bad things about their customer service.

Anyways...the side grass/leaf catcher does work and can work quite well. Last season that is all I used for clean ups and it did just fine.

Here's the process you'll have to use though: After you blow out leaves from rock/mulch beds, etc., slap your bagger on the walkbehind and let it fill completely up. Continue to run over all the piles of leaves a lot, until they're mulched down real fine. This will reduce the size of the pile significantly and will allow you to pick up more. After you have mulched the leaves then empty the first round and continue picking them up.

I would suggest though that you have the extension that goes onto the side catcher.

This will work but you can't expect it to work unless you mulch the leaves really well.

Page generated in 0.03214 seconds with 7 queries