View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
I have thought about gps, but the mobiles are sweet - SA gives a list of properties with any notes for each one, they hit start when they get there and hit end when they leave. They can also enter any notes for us to see at the end of the day. Then they go to the next one it lists etc. Great for responsible time tracking on properties. If someone wants to skip that week for whatever reason they hit the Skip button and put in a note with the reason etc. Then at the end of the day, all jobs are automatically entered on invoices with no typing from me and then I just hit print at the end of the month. It DOES take a long time and patience to setup correctly, but I have high hopes.
Advantages of Truck Mounted GPS are many....

Asset Tracking in addition to time tracking.
Reconcile fleet gas card time date stamps with vehicle location.
On Board Computer monitoring - service, speed, driving habits and more.
Remote door unlock.
Engine disable after hours.
Fuel use MPG
Travel logs for IRS
Geo fence (In out Logs)