Thread: Jersey Guys
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut It Close View Post
Hey guys I was hoping someone can help me out.

Been in business for 5 years as Sole Prop. I just got done turning my business into an LLC. I'm going to be buying a used F-250 and want it lettered. I have a commercial auto insurance policy ready to go just trying to find the right truck.

My real question is about registration, commercial plates and commercial auto insurance. I know I need commercial plates but does the registration need to be in the company name because the commercial insurance is in the company name?

Or can it be registered under my personal name and just get commercial plates and commercial insurance with the company name? My wife will be financing the truck because her credit is excellent (so is mine) but she shows alot more income then i do to get a 2.9% rate. I hope this make sense.

Thanks
Hi. Im a LLC and everything asociaed with my business is in my business name; Truck,trailer and all insurance and registrations. keeps business seperate from your personal things. btw... everything is paid for..so might be different for you..

2003 F-250 PSD 7.3 v8 W/dump insert
Western 7'6" Ultramount
6x12 open trailer
36" Scag belt drive/2 wheel Velke2
48" Walker MTGHS
52" Scag Hydo drive
Redmax backpack blowers 2-7001/1-8001
Little Wonder push blower
Stihl fs90 trimmer
Stihl KM 90 Kombi w/string/hedge/edger
Redmax HT2300 30" hedge trimmer
Honda 21"mulching/bag