View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here is the deal with kubota they let anybody be certified so a hopper dealed is usually always kubota certified... here is the deal with badboy... they do things waay different. They throw alot of mower in for the price and dont add alot of extras into the price. For example the badboy offers a 4 cylinder 35hp engine 18 gallon tanks, 5 guage deck, 4 rail frame, a better ride than most with the grammer standard and then the suspension system, 15mph for $13499. No mower company is perfect, but they all have neat things to offer different from everyone else. To alot of shoppers here the badboy completely blows away when comparing then the price is better. If financing the bota seems better cause the 0% for 60, but then they eat ur arm off on parts and service. Hopper benefit is the resale. I have seen a hopper bought for $12000. And 3 years later bring $10000. I personally bought a 722d, used it for 400 hours and sold it to a guy in north carolina and made $1000... hopper seems to look better than other mowers after used due to the color. Scag, gravely, badboy kubota exmark, hustler, bobcat, etc seem to look rougher after used commercially mainly cause the bright paints i guess. To some people here the hopper is the better buy, to some the badboy. We sold more badboys this year than anyone in the world, so they do better than any brand here by a long shot in volume sales, if i was a betting man i would bet i am up there in volume as one of the largest dealers around because i sell so many badboys alone. Another thing to consider is cat not letting dealers do warranty so an engine warranty has to go through cat. I have only had one issue in 5 years it was a governor, but peace of mind if something does break... i think bagging the hopper 25b is a huge catcher and prolly one of the best out, just delivered one last week. Here when people demo the mowers they go back to the badboy alot due to the ride, open access to unit, options, build, grammer seat standard, and speed. Things that turn off are the race car look, all the publicity they get (more publicity is not always good as they are one of the most talked about brands right now), the way you will buy mower this year and it will have improvements next (they refine it seems yearly due to listening to feedback heavily). Grasshopper is the oldest commercial mower here in operation, they have a huge cult following here, i was mangling our market with the badboys with huge focus on speed in shop, price, parts, and customer service. I chose hopper for a high end line to build the market back up for them sense they were already strong here, plus they have amazing warranty now and great financing options. I have everyone wanting me to carry their mowers now, but i favored the grasshopper when demoing over the exmark, toro, scag, gravely, etc. They are so different of a mower than the streamline brands its crazy, where badboy eats all their lunch in value when comparing and i didnt want the same ole thing...
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03994 seconds with 7 queries