View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert503 View Post
I'm looking on buying an enclosed trailer and will like to set it up for my irrigation division but I don't really have a clue on how to design the inside. Could anyone help me on this? Or post some pictures of their enclosed irrigation trailer?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
We used a 16' with a pipe rack on top, but we used plowes and didn't really haul too much PVC, if it was a large job we had materials delivered.

We went with the thicker walls (1" so we could mount stuff to it) It was a dual axle, we parked the plow right on top of the dual axles and put 4x4's down so that the machines couldn't move back or forward and we didn't need to chain it down inside of the trailer.

On the passenger side if you opened the door straight ahead was a set a very large shelves that held rotor, sprays, valves, swing fittings and manifold parts. in the front of the trailer we originally built a nice work bench but over time we really didn't use it much so we bought large bins for PVC and just left it open for misc. stuff. And to the right of the door we placed a large 55 gal. plastic drum for shovels, brooms and hand tools, we also had another drum for garbage.

On the passenger side we had a shelf for pretty much any part you would need, starting on the bottom was the basic PVC stuff T's, 45's etc. the next up was 1 1/2" poly and the next two levels were for poly parts and above the shelving we had a lip up there to hold our trackers tool boxes and such. As the shelving went higher the bins got smaller. On the front of the shelves we drilled small holes and tied a fitting to the front of the bin so everyone knew what was supposed to be in each bin.

On the drivers side when we dropped the door down there were 2 4" pvc pipes which held boring rods and copper sticks they were framed in and on top we put a door on hinges about 8" wide and it held all of our copper materials for doing taps.

Above the pvc side we fastened 2" PVC to the walls which could hold flags, grease guns, pull grips or anything else you could think of.

The trailer worked out really well for us, we could use it on very large commercial projects to front yard residential jobs.

A couple of tips that we learned the hard way. Put good tires on it, when we had it delivered from the manufacturer the tires were compact car tires and the trailer swayed until we figured out that the tires were too small. Not only did we get a trailer to do work with but we also got a Billboard to drive around with because we spent some money on gettting it lettered up really nice which is definately worth the cost for advertising.

My brother works for a company that uses a 20' and says its way too big unless you are doing only commercial stuff.

Good luck

Page generated in 0.03963 seconds with 7 queries