View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Bb must be a very regional brand as nobody has them in mn and dealers quit carrying them. Heck tsc doesn't have them up here. Bb is a price point mower and you know how to sell them.

Your fb market count is a bit off compared to the actually end user. How many established lco's do you think use fb? The established company is what trend you want to have and I bet most (including me) don't like mfg of fb. I know my dealers and mfg rep number and they recognize the number when I call. Don't need fb.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think the thing that should be pointed out about your statement "Bad Boy is a price point mower" is, to me, that insinuates that "Bad Boy" is made cheaper... and that's just not the case at all.

The fact that is, Bad Boy is built every bit as heavy (and in a lot of cases, heavier) than the competition ....all the way from very the bottom of the line (that you see at TSC) to the very top of the line (powered by a Caterpillar diesel engine). It's just that they are "priced" cheaper than the competition's equally built mower.

My Lightning isn't even the "top of the line" Bad Boy and it still sold for 8400.00 in 2009, so you can't say that Bad Boy is a "price point" mower, meaning they're "cheap". The insinuation that "BB's are built cheaper" just isn't accurate. It's just that, you can take whatever money you DO have to spend, and buy more machine from BB than from the competition.

As I've said before, one of my sons has a 260 Gravely and I like Gravely. But when you park his machine beside mine, it's clear at a glance which is built the heaviest....and mine has a LC 26 Kaw while his has an AC 26 Kaw. The fact is also that the Gravely lists for more than my BB listed for.

What is accurate is the fact that in my case, I bought a whole lot more mower for 8400.00 than any other brand I looked at....and I looked at a lot.

Page generated in 0.04484 seconds with 7 queries