View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So just an update.

I tried using wall cap adhesive to set the studs for the post. FAIL!!!

So I had to remove the studs I set in, re-drill them to remove any adhesive.

I did find a two part epoxy in a caulk tube. The stuff is specifically designed for anchoring into concrete and mixes itself as it goes through the tip. The tip for the tube was super long, so I was able to get lots of it cleanly into the holes. As soon as I filled a hole, I sunk the studs and I'm glad I did as the stuff started to set almost immediately.

I did a quick pull test and they seemed like they were in place. Though the cure time for the temperature was only 30 minutes, I thought I would at least wait 24 hours before bolting down the post to be on the safe side.

I also shot a glob of it on a board I had and the stuff is rock hard and couldn't believe how fast it set up.

I should have had this all done by now, but knowing the adhesive failed, I waited until the temps were high enough again to re-sink the studs. Being almost 70* today, I think I did good by waiting. That and we've been doing final fall cleanups along with another big/little landscaping job I needed to get knocked out.

If this crazy weather holds, I might still fit in another 2 hardscaping jobs before the weather goes south.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.04027 seconds with 7 queries