View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
there are courses...talk to your local hardscape supplier, ours does a lot of courses in the winter, usually a one day all day deal...ur on the right track also with the icpi, there is another one as well but forget what it is right now, these courses are overrated for sure but it's not like you won't learn anything...it's also nice to have the icpi certification strictly because it sounds good/professional, doesn't necessarily mean sh!t though...like others said, experience is a must, but these courses will get you started...i'm by no means a professional in hardscaping but am further along than i was years ago, and what i needed was this beginners course, i literally had no knowledge of how anything was done...they will show you the basics and let you know what tools you need, how deep to dig, packing material, etc...
Thank you for the response, I was too busy this weekend with everyone wanting their leaved picked up at the last second. I will stop over to my local supplier in the middle of this week.

The ICPI two day course cost $350 for non-members, $250 for members so i will most likely do that, I believe the January 13th/14th classes will work best for me and they are the closest. If my local supplier has a certification, that would be just as good to me.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN

Page generated in 0.03399 seconds with 7 queries