Thread: Kubota SVL75??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
I don't really think that there's a real tangible benefit to the Kubota engine other than the fact that it has very good brand equity which helps the value of the machine. This is a result of them being a very reliable, long running engine.

There are many other engines out there Shane like you mention that would do the job just fine. I'm not sure which engine Doosan will put in the Bobcat now, but it may be the Daedong engine that they've been running in the Kioti tractors. In the long run, the new engine's reliability, or lack thereof will have to be proven.
Kubota provided stability and reliablity in powerplants to the BC brand that they did not have before. I get that but Doosan will not put engines in their BCs that dont hold up. They are still no doubt trying to pay off the 5B they paid for the BC, I dont see them misstepping here. If it were possible to select your powerplant to go in a machine from the available OEMs that offer their powerplants in these applications I would pick Yanmar and Isuzu over Kubota. I am sure it was a source of contention for Doosan having to buy Japanese engines for their Korean owned machines. I thought the world would stop spinning when CASE dropped the 3.9 from their skid steers. The Iveco engines in my opinion from an operational standpoint are superior to the Cummins.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.

Page generated in 0.05222 seconds with 7 queries