View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Per Cut, Monthly, Yearly...What's your take on it?

I've always thought that cutting grass on a per cut basis can be potentially devastatingly flawed. Of course this is the way I have and continue to bill my customers. However I really like the idea of a fixed bill for the mowing season, which is around 6-7 months. Just like everything else out there with recurring services (phone, cable, insurance, etc...). I can't say that besides the year I started out on my own that I've experienced drought conditions but just like sometimes when I turn the TV on there is nothing I want to watch, but I still pay for it. Or in the busy season NEVER watching it, still paying for it.

I've noticed some companies that do just bill monthly offer something like a 5% discount on early autopay accounts. Now if it is a true discount you could say it can offer "free" days for those few times a lawn doesn't need cutting but at least you're still getting paid each month. The same amount, easy to track, plan with/for, etc..... I also know that some of the companies include things in the price such as fert and weed control, monthly maintenance of shrubs and small trees (most likely after an initial spring clean up/mulching) and other things lumped into on monthly price. I REALLY like the idea just curious to what others have done or opinions of each way to bill things. Customer frustrations, understanding with something like this? Understand that big jobs like clean ups or mulching would NOT be included just the lawn maintenance and maintenance of the larger initial job.

Page generated in 0.04487 seconds with 7 queries