View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
I'm going to assume you mean 12 equal payments over the year?
Yes.
Most people will go for a contract if you sell it right. Here in the south you are pretty much doing something every month of the year. I could see customers having issues with signing a contract for 12 months of the year when they are only getting service half of those months.
I include mowing, bed maintenance, hedges, and irrigation checkups in my contract. This also includes cleaning up leaves/pine needles if applicable. I do not include mulch or annuals; however in the contract they do sign up how how many times a year they want services like that done. That way if the price of materials goes up I am not eating the price increase. I just bill it as needed. Also there's no need to contact the customer to see if/when they want it done, its right there in the contract.
I am indebted to the people that helped me figure out how to do a contract. Most of these ideas are not original to me. Thanks to all who have helped me with this.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.

Page generated in 0.03502 seconds with 7 queries