Thread: Maine
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM
McFarland_Lawn_Care's Avatar
McFarland_Lawn_Care McFarland_Lawn_Care is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgwick, Maine
Posts: 1,331
It's really not that hard to find but I'll post a link here for you if it will let me. Basically if you are going to offer it as a service for your business then you need to get a commercial master license, or hire someone with one. You need to take 3 exams. The core exam, a category exam(specific about the service you are offering), and a master's oral exam befor the board. Then after you pay and pass those, you buy your license and you also need to have a FIRM LICENSE - which covers your business. Then just keep taking classes for continuing education points, send in an annual report each year, keep good records of everything! Also need to add the endorsement specifically on your general liability insurance policy and include an affidavit with your annual report. I think I included most of it - feel free to message if you have any questions - I'm glad to talk. It's good to look into - just be sure you are serious and commit the time necessary for each step and you'll be fine. Also, if you do plan on getting it, you should start studying asap - the spring test dates book up very fast - winter is best.

Oh ya, and welcome to the site! lol

Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03281 seconds with 8 queries