Thread: New Job!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hope all is going well for you Olmond.

I'm not really sure what you want us to say. Umm....how bout "The newly completed wall looks nice"?

You had mentioned that you were going to skirt your way around having the wall engineered.

Some commentors had recommended that if you insist on skirting the engineering - then at least install grid. But as I examine the photos, I don't see any grid popping through the face of the wall. Which yes, we do trim the visible strands of grid, hopefully that's what you did.

I have an OLD buddy that is in the asphalt paving business. He told me years ago "a driveway is only as good as what's underneath it". Same can be said about retaining walls and interlocking pavements.

So, in the pictures I see a tall wall with an enormous amount of weight behind it with block that relies on grid.

Pictures are nice from time to time.

But what really matters is whether or not you used any grid. And did you install the grid correctly?

As far as I'm concerned - if there is no grid, and it wasnt installed correctly - then the photos are better suited for Facebook.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong and you can shove my words back in my face.

Also, a majority of the slope behind the wall is sloping to the wall. Water is a wall's enemy. There needs to be a swail on the slope to direct water away from and around the wall.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 12-05-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.03746 seconds with 7 queries