Thread: Maine
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Intro redux

Thank you for the detailed response regarding licensing.

My first name is Luke. I'm a Northern boy at heart but have been down this way with the city slickers for about 15 years. I grew up in the woods and even did the CLP (Logging professional) program in high school. I worked in landscaping and construction while in college about 10 years ago. I have a bachelors degree in Criminology and presently work full time in a related field. I guess the northern part of me still wants to do physical labor LOL. Really I've wanted to get into lawn care for about 10 years or so now and the stars finally aligned so I was able to take a large step in that direction.
Mid Summer this year I purchased a 61" Ferris 2000 and a Ferris Evolution. The Evolution was a steal because the dealer had it for a couple of years. I picked up 10-12 weekly accounts and some odd jobs this summer, plenty to keep me busy on my two days off a week. I'm all together new to the business aspect of things but am learning. I picked up the Ken Lavoie book and found that to be a great base. Plus read a ton on this site.
5 years from now I see myself as being much larger operation. Not necessarily a ton of employees but with an efficient route that is highly profitable. I'd like to try and double my number of accounts in 2013 and continue to work full time as well. Time will tell whether this becomes a lucrative side job or a full time vocation.

Luke

Last edited by thelawnduke; 12-05-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.04594 seconds with 7 queries