View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
What "won't happen" - the job or the bidding war?
Posted via Mobile Device
The bidding war won't happen, with me or with the guy who did his front entrance already. I actually called him up (my contractor friend) and told him the story, he was totally pissed which I could understand, in fact this is what is happening in our area lately, too many newbie contractors who have 1 or 2 yrs under their belt are lowballing the guys who have been in business for over 25yrs. Its a major pita lately, really just makes me sick how people think we have nothing better to do than draw up plans and deliver them to their doors with a quote and then they ask Joe blow contractor for a price using that very plan. I can smell these guys even before meeting them. Anyway....

I met with the two of them briefly and separately this aft on my schedule. Kindly told both that having two contractors show at the same time was taboo. I didn't get into it more than that, since they already knew why I didn't show yesterday. I'm going to price both of them out of the park, I'm not interested in it at all. Neither one will get a plan they will only get a few words by email with a brief outline of pricing. Case closed.

On a good note though earlier in the day I did pick up a nice job for spring.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 7 queries