View Single Post
  #27  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 PM
pjm123a pjm123a is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 113
Started working on the chassis tonight. We scraped off all visible soot and grease with a painter's scraper. Then we wiped everything down with dry rags. After than we sprayed 3 cans of engine degreaser on it and let it foam up and sit while we made a Lowe's run to pick up 4 bags of sand (for sandblasting), a can of lacquer thinner (for final clean) and 4 cans of rustoleum primer. When we got back (after about an hour) we hosed it all off and dried it up. We then used compressed air to blow out every spot where water could be trapped. The surface is now clean to the touch. Next up - sand blasting and rattle-can priming.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.03893 seconds with 8 queries