View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

last year watering restrictions were so tight, and we received no rain in the summer. The bermuda grasses slow way down and dont grow. So during the summer, without rain or any irrigation, the grass doesnt grow.

There are lawns that I probably only cut 3 times from late june thru late august. And those were lawns that i fertilzied in the spring too!

I dont think customers will be ok with paying for weekly service when there isnt any growth from week to week. Now thanksfully, ive picked up a lawn that is on a well, and she can water whenever she wants....and does! She was my only weekly customer, and I can see how yall make a lot of money on weekly customers. It IS easier to keep up, the grass looks fantastic, and money comes rolling in regularly.

I just dont think i can convert my other customers to that. I think what im going to do is get the customers "acclimated" to weekly mowings in the spring, and see how it goes. Ill offer a discount for fertilizer apps in late may (thats typically our second or third application), and if the weather cooperates, grass may stay green into july..hopefully
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower

Page generated in 0.03756 seconds with 7 queries