View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
Tranny was rebuilt right before i bought it. I have towed a 10k pound mini excavator a hand full of times, Was like 12K with the trailer, pulled it no problem.
nice i had 3 of them, over a few year time span, and one i bought with 104k on it, thinking it was low mileage and the tranny was gonna be okay, well it lasted about 10,000 miles and i built it to the sky and 4500 later with all billet pieces and a suncoast triple disk converter it never slipped another day in its life, and built the truck a little too, it ended up putting down 458hp/1053 ft lbs of tq uncorrected, stock turbo, with bigger injectors and some other cheap mods, it was 97 so it was all mechanical. if you do any power adders be careful of which programmers or downloaders you do. check out www.cumminsforum.com if you haven't yet and www.Competitiondiesel.com and make a name and search for whatever you may want to know about the truck and modding it for better fuel economy or just plain more power, because they are a little on sluggish side especially with 12k behind them. I did manage to put down 253whp and 563 ft. lbs of torque on my stock tranny and tow 8,000lbs before it started slipping. good luck and watch out for the bug if it hasn't bit you yet.

Page generated in 0.03610 seconds with 7 queries