Thread: funny
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
I guess that's one way to do it. I always have a few hundred in my pocket, no matter where I am. Been doing that for a long, long time. Never had a problem. Even in Mexico or other areas we've traveled to, never had a problem.

I guess I don't have a problem with this for several reasons. One, I'm a little more stout that most guys. So I guess they think twice about trying to stick me up. Second, I'm not going to run around my entire life afraid of what might happen - but probably won't happen. And three, that's not a lot of money. If I lose $300 or $400, it's not that big of a deal. I wouldn't be happy about it. But it's not like we wouldn't eat or pay the mortgage that month. We'd still be just fine.

Back on the subject of this thread - there are a few owners of larger landscape companies that make more than some doctors - but not many. Maybe the top 1% or less of landscape owners. We do pretty well. But I can tell that most doctors still make more than me because they always live in just a little nicer homes in a little nicer neighborhoods.
probably more then the top 1% depends on what type of doctor too, but if i'm not mistaken most doctors well the ER doctors i know take in about 30,000 a month before taxes, I'm sure there are a lot of landscapers, and fert guys ,and tree service guys that do that no issues.

my buddies usually have a few thousand in there pocket, they've been doing that for close 14 years now, never got robbed not say it won't ever happen but they too are more stout then the average guy so that may deter thieves a bit plus the money is in their front pocket making it a little harder to get.

Page generated in 0.03284 seconds with 7 queries