View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Mowinforaliving's Avatar
Mowinforaliving Mowinforaliving is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,258
Need some plumbing advice

My 50 gallon tank and steel bands from Plasticmart got here this week. It was exactly what I wanted and what was shown on their website. I definitely recommend them if you're looking for a tank or tank straps. My 79cc (2.5hp) engine from Harbor Freight also got here yesterday. I'm going to mount everything today after I buy my 4 roller pump. On the pump specs it shows that it has 3/4" inlet and outlet ports. My tank however, came with a 1" threaded female outlet on one end. This will be where I install my screen and a ball valve leading to my roller pump inlet. Should I use a 1" hose and at the pump use a 3/4 threaded hose barb that accepts 1" hose??
Next question... On the outlet side of the pump I plan on using a brass tee with one hose leading to my reel and another hose leading to the top of my tank. Regulator/relief will be right on the top of the tank with a pressure gauge. Should the outlet side hose be 3/4 or 1/2? My hose reel is 1/2" (300ft)
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03809 seconds with 8 queries