View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
well clearly most in my market feel $45 as a min is excessively high for our neck of the woods.

personally I agree. like I said if you gave me an estimate of $45, I'd laugh in your face and tell you to take a hike. even if most others gave me the same price. for $45 I'll either do it myself or let it grow if I couldn't physically do it. or you can always find a neighbor kid to do it for it cheap.

I'd rather have a scrub knock it down for $25 than pay some some LCO almost twice that much just so it looks nice.

I'll never have a min higher than $25. I'd go out of business before I'd do that. $45 is ridiculously high for the yards I charge min no matter what the market is. for $25 they get edged, trimmed, mowed and blown.
What happens when that scrub or the neighborhood kid breaks his ankle on your property with no insurance and sues you? Geography is a major factor in pricing. If you came up here with a minimum of $25 you would be out of business in less than a year. Average lawn sizes are from .5 to 2 acres. Not trying to judge but why would you compare your rates to a scrub or the neighborhood kid anyways?

About Wal-Mart, isn't that how a business is supposed to operate? Use buying power and controlled overhead to provide a lower cost product to the consumer? Not many people ever complain about pharmacies, large aggregate suppliers, Car manufacturers or other major corps. run by shareholders who use the same tactics.

Page generated in 0.04328 seconds with 7 queries