View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
What happens when that scrub or the neighborhood kid breaks his ankle on your property with no insurance and sues you? Geography is a major factor in pricing. If you came up here with a minimum of $25 you would be out of business in less than a year. Average lawn sizes are from .5 to 2 acres. Not trying to judge but why would you compare your rates to a scrub or the neighborhood kid anyways?

About Wal-Mart, isn't that how a business is supposed to operate? Use buying power and controlled overhead to provide a lower cost product to the consumer? Not many people ever complain about pharmacies, large aggregate suppliers, Car manufacturers or other major corps. run by shareholders who use the same tactics.
you must have missed my post about location having something to do with it or the mods removed it.

he says his min is $45. ok well in his market that works. in my market min are usually $25. I realize location plays a part in your prices. you'd be out of business in a year coming here trying to get $45 for these $25 lawns.

I wasn't really trying to compare my prices to scrubs and neighbor kids. only trying to say his attitude about $25 being too low and that I along with the LCO's in my market can up that low doesn't apply in my neck of the woods.

we live in different locations and the attitude I have about paying a scrub or neighbor kid $25 to knock it down over an LCO wanting $45 is shared by most in my community.

personally since I live with my parents I charge them to cut the grass and there lawn is bigger than the min. they get charged $32 per week. which is an average amount for me. but I know I have enough $25 yards as well and if I lived in those places and someone wanted $45 they'd be laughed at and told to get lost.

the other thing him suggesting we raise the market is I disagree. $25 is a proper amount for those yards. I'm not about squeezing as many pennies as I can out of each client. I don't nickle and dime anyone. I charge a fair price for good quality work. I don't have the mind set of seeing just how much I can squeeze out of clients. I never price high unless I don't want the work. I always price fair and accurate.

like another post said. I'm not the cheapest and I'm not the most expensive.

Page generated in 0.04329 seconds with 7 queries