View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
I am having trouble understanding how someone starting up a business just so happens to have twenty thousand cash laying around, mostly because if that is your situation why are you even here asking stupid questions, you got that kind of money you should have went out already and done what your heart desires.

But then that's not the case, is it?

No, 4 pages of argument back and forth over some silly trivial nonsense doesn't happen because someone has a ton of money.

You are here because you need us to back you up, in a round-about beat around the bush kind of way, because you're about to take out a loan and when that backfires you want the ability to have someone other than yourself take the blame for the failure.
Which is why I'm here to tell you that is a very bad idea, blame is going to be the least of your worries if things go south.

Whether one vehicle or two, whichever you decide.
But you get what you can afford, and pay cash for it.

You're probably looking at something more like a 4 thousand dollar truck, if you even have that much.
And if anything's left over, maybe you can buy a car, too.

Now if you don't have a personal vehicle you will be riding a very expensive device for personal reasons, that truck won't cost less than a dollar for every mile driven, one other thing... You really plan on hooking and unhooking that trailer every dang time you need the truck for yourself, you're kidding yourself, start planning on unloading everything too because leaving a truck and trailer sitting outside a store in an unsupervised parking lot with all sorts of goodies in back is an invitation for thieves.
And steal your stuff they will.

Time to re-think this strategy.
What don't you understand about someone wanting to start a business having 20k ??? Not everyone finances everything I have around 50k liquid to invest actually in this business but obviously I'm not gonna go spend 50k just like that unless I have the clientele to support that. I've owned a business before, made some smart real estate moves and sacrificed a lot early. I'm 30years old an have a lot more then most twice my age... But I always was working 3 jobs when I was 19 instead of hanging out down town with everyone else.
No question is a dumb question. I just wanted people's opinions on the subject an wanted to see from everyone in both situations how they felt abut it an their pros and cons. As for people arguing on this topic that has nothing to do with me that's their own personal problem or perogitive.
So no I will not be taking out a loan as you assume and I have more then 4k to spend on a truck.. At least I can say for the last few sentences of your post you had some real advice an opinions so thanks for that.. unlike the rest of the garbage you wrote.

Page generated in 0.03596 seconds with 7 queries