View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
according to my accountant if the truck is strictly used for business and filled with gas paid for from the business account you don't.

I keep track of the mileage because its my personal truck as well and I use my personal money to fill it.

when I got into the business my accountant told me I either need to fill it with a business card or keep track of the mileage. I chose to keep track of the mileage.
You still need to report how many miles you used the truck in a year, even if it's solely for business purposes.

I have no idea why you would use your personal money to fill the truck. You're using after tax money for a business expense if you do that. You just can't deduct the percentage of the cost of operating the vehilce that is related to personal use, but I don't think you need to use your personal money to fill it.

Lets say you put 20k miles on your truck in a year and 12k was business use and 8k was personal use. You would be able to deduct 60% of the your vehicle expenses as a business expense.

Page generated in 0.03861 seconds with 7 queries