View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
according to my accountant if the truck is strictly used for business and filled with gas paid for from the business account you don't.

I keep track of the mileage because its my personal truck as well and I use my personal money to fill it.

when I got into the business my accountant told me I either need to fill it with a business card or keep track of the mileage. I chose to keep track of the mileage.
You still need to report how many miles you used the truck in a year, even if it's solely for business purposes.

I have no idea why you would use your personal money to fill the truck. You're using after tax money for a business expense if you do that. You just can't deduct the percentage of the cost of operating the vehilce that is related to personal use, but I don't think you need to use your personal money to fill it.

Lets say you put 20k miles on your truck in a year and 12k was business use and 8k was personal use. You would be able to deduct 60% of the your vehicle expenses as a business expense.
Page generated in 0.04030 seconds with 8 queries