Thread: Street Lamps
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Sponsor

This is definitely a problem and I applaud those that complain to their municipalities though it seems often to be ineffective.

Regarding photoshoots. I have quite a bit of experience with this.

First, it's very difficult to color correct for HPS light in photoshop - but not impossible.

Second, on several occaisions I've used black foil to cover these lights on photoshoots and black gaffer tape to secure the foil to the fixture. I keep both items in my photo case at all times.

By the way, I also use the gaffer tape to block unwanted carriage and entry lights when needed. This tape is designed for attaching to hot lights and doesn't leave a sticky residue.

Of course, it's not easy to get up to the light to put the foil in place. Be prepared and have a long ladder ready. But be very careful, balancing a ladder against a pole can be disasterous! Don't do it unless you have two strong people holding the base. Even then, I don't (for the record) recommend it. How about a cherry picker or scissor lift - much better.

Here's a neat trick that Duncan Fuller (of CAST) came up with - attach a long string to your foil shield so when you're done, you can pull the string and the shield pops off!

stevep@voltlighting.com

Outdoor Lighting and LED Light Bulbs from VOLT®.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 7 queries