View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think maybe you're a little too sensitive S&MLL.....

I didn't say anything negative about Cast. I didn't even realize anyone was talking about cast. And I didn't read anything about Cast vs. Kichler either. I didn't feel like Steve and I were comparing the two. If just felt like we were offering solutions. For my part, I just heard that someone was having problems with condensation in an LED light fixture. I was just saying that yes, this can be a problem. And the real solution (rather than trying to figure out how to fix a fixture that has these kind of problems) is to start with a fixture that doesn't have that problem. Doesn't have to be Kichler. If you go back and read what I wrote you'd see the part where I said that there were probably other brands that wouldn't have this problem too. Go back and read my second paragraph in my first response to this thread. I know there are other brands that make nice integrated fixtures that are fully sealed and don't have this problem. But I am not sure which ones that would be, since I've mainly just installed Kichler and FXL in the LED market.

But if you have a good idea about how to fix the problem, go ahead and post it. I didn't have any thoughts to post about how to fix the bad seal on the light fixture that is in question. But I did have an idea of how to prevent that from happening in the first place. I felt it was pertinent to mention it. It's not like I work for Kichler or get anything for promoting them. I just feel they have some big advantages. And if I was having a lot of problems with a certain brand I would want someone to come to me and say, "Hey Jim, I'm not sure how to fix that problem. But this brand that I use doesn't have that problem. Might want to check it out...." I wouldn't have a problem with anyone saying that to me. I don't understand why you're so offended at that.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon

Page generated in 0.04565 seconds with 7 queries