Thank you for looking...
My questions concern running a professional lawn care company...
1) How do you manage the times of your employees ?
In the last two years we have let everyone maintain their own log sheet, the crew leader is usually responsible for keeping track of everyones time in the end. Each employee keeps track of his or her own time and in the end the crew leader is responsible for tracking his crew's daily time sheet.
Has this worked? Well! somewhat -
So, my question is what methods do you use that you have found helpful in running your business timesheets?
2) Payroll - Do you take lunch breaks? If yes, do you pay for your employees lunch? Do you minus out the 30 minutes or so you take for lunch from the total hours worked for the day?
3) This past year my crews were involved with two accidents with my trucks, damaged siding at several properties, damaged our equipment, damaged customer patio furniture. All in all we had almost $5000 worth of damages. I paid for all a this out of my pocket - Needless to say, I do have insurance... but with deductibles, etc. all factored in it turned to be a pretty frustrating 2012. So...
1) How do you minimize damage?
2) How do you make your employees handle damages?
3) Do you pay or do they pay for damages that simply can be avoided?
4) How do you help build responsibility?
I really appreciate any thought or suggestion you may have...