View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Member

What is the best mower to purchase? Zero or walk behind

I am at a complete loss, as to which mower to purchase. The more I look, click, read, watch, the more i get stressed out! There are so many options and choices out there. I just started this year and finished the year with 10 customers deliberately so i could test the waters. I want to grow even bigger with approximately 30+ customers but I can't seem to figure out which mower would be the best for me. Ideally I would like to have a zero turn and a walk behind but that option is not in the budget. I will have approximately 3-4000 to work with. I need to get at the least before the next season a mower and an aerator. Most of the lawns that we have in our area have inclines at the front of the property adjacent to the sidewalk. Some are quite large inclines, and while doing the research I don't believe that a zero turn is the best option? Is this true? PLEASE help! I know I am going to have to purchase used, I don't have the credit to do a loan even if i wanted to. Also any pointers on what to watch out for when looking for the mower?

I haven't even started my search for an aerator yet, so a heads up on those would be nice too thanks in advance!

Page generated in 0.03806 seconds with 7 queries