View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
The way to get good money is to charge a little extra each mowing.
Yep. For the customers with many leaves, I mow weekly into November. Once the ground gets to damp and soft for my bigger mowers I schedule the final clean up. I get extra money from the surcharge on the weekly mowings and final cleanup. It is a win-win for everyone, the customer gets a decent looking yard throughout the fall. I get to pocket some extra cash from the mowings and the final clean up is made alot easier as the bulk of the leaves are already gone. It is just a matter of blowing out the beds and some other areas and throwing them in the back of a dump trailer. I turn down many leaf jobs from people that do absolutely nothing with the leaves until the leaves are all down and call wanting them all cleaned up at once. I am usually priced too high for those types of jobs, so why bother. Those types of people in my area are not the type of customers I want. Good customers want a decent looking yard throughout the fall. I don't need someone telling me to stop servicing their property at the first frost and then calling me a month later for a large cleanup, then complaining about the price when it would of been cheaper just to have me mow for another month.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04127 seconds with 7 queries