View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Simply by shutting off the fuel you are leaning the engine. Less fuel to ignite by a already weak spark. This is my theory to your problem. Now I am not sure where you are getting fuel that has no ethanol? Not saying it is not impossible but for the life of me I can not find it. The main reason ethanol is such a pain is simply it absorbs moisture from humid air. but unlike isopropyl (dry gas) it does not atomize the water to allow it to be burned off basically the water will sit on the bottom of the fuel tank. It also plays havoc with corrosion of Aluminum carburetors corroding them then simply plugging off the journals which gives everyone head aches when spring rolls around and nothing runs right. Anyone who races and runs Alcohol as a fuel 99% of the time Purges their engine with gasoline to eliminate the problems caused by the Alcohol. The engines today or should I at times say owners are not quite advised about properly caring for engines running ethanol. It's a huge learning curve.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 7 queries