View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
there more to it then just the intial cost of the equipment and that's what clients look when hiring a service.

The people that hire us but could do it themselves don't wanna mess with having fuel and filling it up, the maintenance of the equipment, etc.

To be honest i don't blame them. At this point in my life if i weren't in the business and could afford a lawn service i'd hire one too. I'm only 31 and in excellent health but i'd rather spend my free time enjoying it with say swimming in the summer or playing video games or watching a movie or some form of entertainment.

In fact even though i say i'm never going to retire if i ever would get out of the business the first thing i'm gonna do is sell everything and hire an lco or move to a condo where i don't have to do that stuff.
THAT WAS MY POINT! Why mess with all the stuff when you could probably spend the money on a cheap lawn care company. If more companies charged normal money making rates these people would not have a mowing company doing their lawn. But there will always be the low price volume lawn company niche. Not for me.

Page generated in 0.03997 seconds with 7 queries