LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
My last 4 truck purchases in order of MY:

'02 had about 56K with the 7.3
'99 had about 61K with the 7.3
'95 had 22K with a 5.9 Cummins
'93 had 48K with a 8.3 Cummins

A warranty on a truck or plow doesn't mean squat to me at 3 AM in the middle of a blizzard. That piece of paper does not plow or salt the lots. It does not make my customer happy with the service I committed to provide them with. Yes, it may save me money at the end of the storm, but that doesn't do anything for me when I really need it.

I would much rather spend money on a good, used truck that has less computers on it and is dependable, than something like my last 3 that I bought brand new and have spent far more money on and have let me down more times than the older ones combined.

Yes, I own 3 6.0s.
I like 6.0's they need to have the heads studded, egr deleted, and they need a sct tuner installed asap, and that will make the tranny last a long time, and the truck will be a work horse like 7.3's are and probably get better fuel economy. They need to not be babied too, that is a serious issue, which causes turbo's to fail, my buddy hasn't plugged his 6.0 ever he bought it new in 05 and now has 160,000 on it. truck was driven every day up until last january. now it stays hooked up to 14' dump trailer until it snows

Page generated in 0.03861 seconds with 7 queries