Thread: Kansas City!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
I got my associates in ground/turf from Longview! It was a great decision. The night classes are easy to fit into your schedule, the classes are fairly small so you really get that 1 on 1 with the teachers.Leah Burg and Rusty Denes are terrific and so helpful. Leah will help you in so many ways, she has so many contacts in the industry it's unbelievable and she will introduce you to all of them. I swear, that alone is worth going there. I am actually going back to retake the pesticide class. I passed the class but I didn't feel I took an as much knowledge is I really wanted to. the 1 thing I will say is it's hard to take in all the information that you will learn in an 8 week class. especially when you are taking multiple other classes at the same time. when you take the pesticide class make sure it has your full attention, you will receive your commercial applicators license at the end of the class as well if you pass! you will get to take classes such as soil fertility, turf 1 and 2, irrigation, landscape design, pesticides! it certainly does not compare to a 4 year degree at a university but it is a great thing to do especially for guys like us that are busy and have familys and don't have time to do any other classes besides night classes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey I know Rusty, No offense to the guys who decide to go to college later but if you want the real deal Come up here to KSU and get involved with our Horticulture department if you want the real deal.

Page generated in 0.03115 seconds with 7 queries