View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneLawn&Landscaping View Post
I would say its educational to see others opinions. One thing many on this site always fail to remember, we are all in different markets. I would love to charge based on a $60+ an hour rate, but that won't work here. I do try and make as much as possible from any job I do, mowing to hardscape. With that said, I do cut breaks to the elderly and veterans when I see the need. I feel its my way to give back to the community that I live in.
I bet the other local service providers charge $60/hr+ check around, I'm not arguing here just trying to make a point. Your in business to make money at least I hope so, it has nothing to do with greed, I think a national standard of 60/hr+ would benefit all legitimate LCO's. Hell! even with all the guys that "claim" they have lower overhead which I don't believe if there operating legit, how the hell are you making a profit of any decent amount at 25-35 a yard? are you only paying yourself $10-12/hr after taxes,ins,legal, gas, office expenses, advertising, phone, maint, misc there's nothing left for profit, your probably in the hole. I've heard it all, we don't advertise we don't do this we don't do that, there's just basic overhead that adds up to 20- 30/hr then you gotta get paid then all the other crap that pops up.

Last edited by cpllawncare; 12-10-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 7 queries