View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I bet the other local service providers charge $60/hr+ check around, I'm not arguing here just trying to make a point. Your in business to make money at least I hope so, it has nothing to do with greed, I think a national standard of 60/hr+ would benefit all legitimate LCO's. Hell! even with all the guys that "claim" they have lower overhead which I don't believe if there operating legit, how the hell are you making a profit of any decent amount at 25-35 a yard? are you only paying yourself $10-12/hr after taxes, gas, office expenses, advertising, phone, maint, misc there's nothing left for profit, your probably in the hole. I've heard it all, we don't advertise we don't do this we don't do that, there's just basic overhead that adds up to 20- 30/hr then all the other crap that pops up.
Ive talked to many from solo on up, they arn't basing their prices on 60 an hour either. I'm making a good income. I was a printing press operator for 19 years before going full time LCO 8 years ago and I make more than I would be if still a press operator. My sales have been up, to my goals, every year. I believe when it comes to pricing, I know I'm a little higher for plowing than others. I believe my summer work is priced a little higher also. I get customers for the quality of service I provide. I was talking to another LCO about a job we both quoted. I was higher in price, $500.00, than he was and I got the job. I believe it was because of how I sold the quality of how the job was going to be completed.
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments