View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
i agree...but i want to clarify one thing...two of our main employees want unemployment...one of them would be happy to work all winter if we have the hours and asked him to, but the other would rather sit at home and collect UE...that's what i mean by lazy, and i'm sure anyone who has had multiple employees knows what i'm talking about, and obama would gladly take care of them...

there's two types of employees out there...
... if you never officially FIRE them or release them, say you keep them on part time at 20 hours a week or something through the winter, then i don't believe they would actually be able to file for unemployment if they QUIT and you have a signed affidavit from them (made by you) stating that they chose to leave their employment and that you did not fire them. The "through no fault of their own" thing is a bunch of crap because even if they were constantly late or refused to do work or perform to the level you need, they'll still end up being granted unemployment because the crap is always on the side of the lazy worker instead of the now hurting employer.

Page generated in 0.03236 seconds with 7 queries