View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Stick in there bud. I'm a 26 year old Business Marketing and Management double major. After 5 years, $50k in debt from student loans, I can promise you one thing. Nothing will ever replace the fun of going to work for yourself. Sure its hard, sure its emotionally and physically draining, but at the end of the day you can stand up and say with pride that your no one's "B**CH". You run the show.

I double majored in school because I didn't know what I wanted to do. I've watched countless friends start out making way more than I am. But the older I'm getting, the more I'm realizing that nothing can compare to the experience you gain as a small business owner. I've used more of my college education running this business than I ever would have at any other job. Sure its hard work, sure times are tough, but stick with it bro. The only thing stopping you from succeeding is YOU!

Funny, the older I'm getting, I'm watching more and more of my friends complain about how completely unhappy they are with their jobs and lives. Thats one thing I can honestly say is that I may not be getting paid as much as they are right now, but I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, knowing that I control my own destiny.

If this helps you any, I've got a friend of mine who did this since he was 16. He went through all the hard times you are going through with the same idea that "He makes his own destiny". Today, my friend is 24 years old and just bought his first $1.4 million house. So trust me, stick with it and the only thing stopping you is YOU!

Page generated in 0.03846 seconds with 7 queries