View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_speedreed View Post
Lowballers are not created by the industry, they are created by the consumer.
I can agree with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_speedreed View Post
Somebody also said everything has gone up but the prices for lawn service. Not true at all. Look at any technology product. I have a phone that was $200 and it has more ability than my first computer which was over $900 and that was 17 years ago. Mowers today are faster and more productive than they were 11 years ago. Usually when an industry experiences a technological advance prices fall. This is due to increased productivity. Rates stay the same or even raise but because what used to take 1hr now takes half that time overall price falls.
You make a good point.

However, my buddies LazerZ he used 9 years ago wasn't THAT much worse than the new one he purchased a couple years ago.

But I agree on your point. A 1994 mower that produced a 30 minute job compared to a newer mower with a 17 minute job time makes a difference. If prices STAYED the same I'd say for sure you can now increase your profits based on equipment productivity. But rates have dropped from when my friend had his LazerZ 9 years ago!!! I don't think the new mowers are THAT better and even he admits that.

These last 3-5 pages of this thread is why I detest lawn mowing and really enjoy landscape work

Page generated in 0.04106 seconds with 7 queries