View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulchmaster View Post
Not going to pass this one. I agree its not all that much work but the president of the company said it took the last company with 2 guys and trimmers 4 full days to trim the 1 mile of fence. Not a new guy either been in this business 16 years the last 11 on my own. All but 1 property we maintain get cut on a weekly basis so I guess I had a question on cutting stuff every 10 weeks. There is a difference in trimming 5k feet of fence line and brush cutting 5k feet x3' wide 3x a year.
there is no way it took 2 guys with trimmers 4 full days to trim a mile worth of fence.. LOL you do realise thats 64 hours dont you? I could drop a miles worth of trees and saplings in less time

I dont care how uneven it is I would have one guy side discharge with the 32 and one dude trim.. if the $hit is that thick to worrie about it, I would just cut it more often.. bump up the 3 times a year to every month or every other month and eat the couple hours labor..

Myself, I can trim a mile worth of any fence 3 foot wide in less then an hour if I do it every 4 weeks

Ohio has an 8 month season so thats about 8 hours a year to take care of that fence. @ 10$ an hour for a laborer it will coust you an extra 80$ a year.. look at it that way

Last edited by jiggz; 12-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 7 queries