View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
There is more to it...

We're into December, the temperatures are mild in my necks, there is hardly any evaporation, water levels should be rising...
But they're not, our reservoirs are drying up even in winter.
Oh, it's serious.

“The problem is not that usage is up,” said Bill Dupler, the county’s deputy administrator.
“The problem is that there’s no rain in the basin filling the reservoir.”

The 1300-acre reservoir had dropped to 52 inches below full by last week. Earlier last week, a drought warning was issued for the entire Water Basin by the state Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).

To see the below situation in my own back yard and to foresee its implications is a sick feeling.
These people want to build rock gardens, I'm not particularly fond of it but then again it doesn't use any water.
Our situation is about the same the lakes went down about 50% a couple years ago and haven't come back at all. The little bit of good news is that this past year we got enough rain to keep the lakes steady. Our state has reduced water for rice farmers to the south of us. They are also putting plans in place to increase capacity beyond the lakes. Trouble is we need rain.

Page generated in 0.04453 seconds with 7 queries