View Single Post
  #4  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:17 PM
RigglePLC's Avatar
RigglePLC RigglePLC is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 9,163
I have never heard of a problem from dogs or pets eating fertilizer. I imagine it is not too tasty. Farmer's dogs are around fertilizer all the time, especially dogs at the elevator.
Organic products made from chicken waste or blood meal---I don't know.

Bogus idea...I think...but green-leaning women's magazines are fond of saying in articles that fert can injure the paws of dogs or that they can be sickened by licking fert off their paws. Anybody have any personal experience about this idea?

Good point--those who own dogs probably know...chocolate is very toxic to dogs. And in some areas especially near Hersey's chocolate plant...chocolate bean waste is used and sold as mulch. Smells great, but...

Does anybody have any personal experience with this problem?
Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.05859 seconds with 7 queries