View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea, you experienced what most of us have gone through in the past. It's tough to figure out how to grow, get the job done, and not lose your shirt and kill yourself in the process. It's like I've always said about myself, I can ride the mower all day long but running the business is the tough part for me. The fact is, you were successful with this contract when everyone thought you wouldn't be-you proved everyone wrong!!!!!Personally, I'd keep the contract and try and figure out what I need to do differently to be a business. I'm planning to bid on a golf course community in a few months that consists of 260 units, common areas, club house, office, etc,etc, and about a billion shrubs(It's huge and the largest thing I've ever tackled). The company that's currently maintaining it now has 20 trucks.....I have one pick-up and just me and whoever I hire. Some may think I'm crazy but I say, if they can do it, so can I-I don't let that kind of stuff stand in my way. Everyone has to start somewhere and I can grow just like the next person...it's not rocket surgery. The only person standing in your way is you. Good luck!

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 7 queries