View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Time to sit down and look at your books. Review your cost and desired income.
You need to sharpen your pencil for bidding.

There are "Small Business Development Centers" and "Score" run through the SBA. These are free programs designed to assist you. They will not do the work for you, you should have a good understanding about your finances, and business plan, from there they will help you improve it.

Many of these folks are retired or semi retired business experts.

I run a fairly successful small business with 3 employees and one part timer. Been in business since 2005. I am going in today with my financial statement. It will be reviewed for free -

Below is the Bio of the person going to look over my business for me.

Quote:
Director of the SBDC as well as a growth coach, financial consultant and Lean Costing trainer on staff at the Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center. Tom specializes in helping organizations grow revenue and improve profitability. Tom created a simple method of Value Stream Costing to support Lean and improved decision-making.

Tom has trained thousands of people and helped hundreds of manufacturing, service and governmental organizations of all sizes improve their financial results. Tom’s customers include such recognizable names as Dell, Ralston-Purina, Ford Motor Company, Lennox, AAA, Revlon, Department of Veteran Affairs, the City of Plano Texas, The Dallas Morning News and hundreds of small to medium size organizations needing financial improvement.

Prior to joining TMAC in 2007, Tom served as president of Integrated Cost Management Systems, Inc., a training, software and consulting company he founded in 1988. Tom was the focus of a Business Week magazine cover story titled “That Old-time Accounting Isn’t Good Enough Anymore”.

Tom has authored hundreds of articles and numerous books, including Using ABM for Continuous Improvement, The Activity Dictionary, Activity-Based Management: A Healthcare Industry Primer and The Principles. He has served as editor of the Journal of Cost Management. Tom is an adjunct professor of the Executive MBA program at the University of Texas - Arlington and lecturer at SMU’s School of Engineering.

Tom has held senior financial management positions with Motorola, Johnson & Johnson and General Motors. He is a graduate of the University of Texas - Arlington
I would be a fool not to talk to this person and learn from him. I can take my 7 years of experience and grow it on sure ground with some mentoring.

Last edited by Duekster; 12-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03680 seconds with 7 queries